Wed, May 24|
Professional Skills Gym: Working on Self-Promotion
Talking about your own accomplishments can be difficult, but important work. Join AWIS-RI for this lunch-and-learn, and build your professional "muscles."
Time & Location
May 24, 2023, 12:00 PM – May 25, 2023, 1:00 PM
About the event
If we don't take ownership of our own professional narrative, at best we are leaving it hands of others or leaving it to fade away in silence. Or worse, our work is presumed to be the work of others, and we miss out on opportunities for growth.
After attending this session, participants will be able to:
- List the ways self-promotion is beneficial
- Explain the role of unconscious bias plays in who talks about achievements, and how it is received
- Discuss the backlash faced by underrepresented groups when engaging in self-promotion
- Practice the work of self-promotion
- Engage in additional training activities after the workshop
AWIS-RI Launch Month Ticket$0.00